Datum & tijd 11/10/2018, 09:30 - 11:00 uur
We are inviting you to the upcoming NAP 1325 biannual event on the 11th of October, from 09.00am to 13.30pm at the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Rijnstraat 8, The Hague.
Biannually NAP signatories come together to reflect, exchange knowledge and experiences, and inspire on the joint commitments we´ve made to implement Security Council Resolution 1325 of the United Nations on Women, Peace and Security (WPS). This bi-annual will be a special edition as several of our civil society partners from Yemen, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, South-Sudan, DRC and Colombia will join. Therefore, this biannual the specific theme and focus will be Implementing the Women, Peace and Security agenda: Linking local and international efforts.
09:00 Poster market, entrance & coffee
10:00 Opening NAP signatory event
10:00 – 10:05 Welcome & introduction by Edith van der Spruit, director WO=MEN Dutch Gender Platform
10:10 – 10:25 Keynote speech by Birgitta Tazelaar, Deputy Director General International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
10:25 – 11:15 Obligation to protect: How to improve our protection against (sexual and) gender-based violence? Presentations of and interactive panel debate with:
- Katherina Ronderos director of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (LIMPAL, Colombia): Emotional support to survivors: A community based-approach
- Ilham Makki Hammadi, coordinator Iraqi Al-Amal Association: Mapping of (S)GBV in the Iraqi context
- Habib Nassar, director of Policy and Research, Impunity Watch
11:15 – 12:15 Women at the table during peace negotiations: Reflections on success and challenges of inclusive track one processes. Introductions of and interactive panel debate with:
- Igballe Rogova, executive director Kosova Women’s Network
- Lizeth Valeria Mosquera Acosta, national cooordinator Ruta Pacifica de las Mujeres, Colombia
- Rajaa Altalli, co-director Centre for Civil Society and Democracy in Syria and member of the Syrian Women’s Advisory Board
- Hana Al-Showafi, project officer Women Peace & Security CARE International, Yemen
12:15 Wrap up and closing by Hinke Nauta, coordinator of the Taskforce of Gender Equality and Women’s Rights, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
12:30 Buffet lunch & poster market
13:45 Closing poster market
Moderator: Hinke Nauta, coordinator of the Taskforce of Gender Equality and Women’s Rights, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All NAP 1325 signatories and their representatives are welcome to join. To attend please register. As the event will be held at the ministry of Foreign Affairs, please register by providing your full name (as on your ID), and bring your ID with you to the event. The deadline for registration is October 1st.